Free to join!
Virtual Digital Investigation Workshop
Next Event: 24 June 2021
9.10am till 2.10pm (BST) via MS Teams
• NB: please only book if you are confident you can attend. Places are limited and non-attendance prevents other delegates from benefitting from the day.
• Day runs from 9.10am-2.10pm and will be hosted on MS Teams. You will be sent the link prior to the event.
The Investigator is hosting the next in its successful series of Digital Investigation Workshops that showcases contemporary issues and development in this ever evolving and challenging area. It features a top line-up of experts from law enforcement, industry and academia and is free to attend for all serving law enforcement officers and staff.
The agenda is included below for your reference.
Highlights of the workshop include:
• Cloud forensics! Latest best practice and updates
• Mobile Device Techniques: Building a mobile activity device profile to support your investigation
• Internet Intelligence and Investigation - update on the work of the National Police Chief’s Council Internet, Intelligence and Investigation (III) Working Group and current opportunities available for investigators to develop III skills
• Latest technology to detect suspect images in CSA and counter terror investigations
• How a state of the art case management system called NIMBUS can support major crime investigations
How digital and cyber investigators can maximise their continuous professional development by signing up to the Chartered Institute of Information Security, Cyber and Digital Investigation Professionals programme,
9.10am-9.20am: Welcome and introduction, Carol Jenkins, The Investigator
9.20am-9.50am: Maximising continuous professional development opportunities for DMIs: an update on the Institute of Cyber and Digital Investigation Professionals programme, Fiona Paterson, Programme Manager, Chartered Institute of Information Security
9.50am-10.30am: How NIMBUS helps you to become efficient using process and automated driven workflows, Nikki Moscrop, Head of Law Enforcement and Government, UK and Europe Black Rainbow
10.50am-11.20am: Using rapid digital triage tools to detect images on mobile devices and computers in Child Sexual Exploitation and Counter Terror investigations, Bruce Wilson, Cyan Forensics Cyan
11.20am-noon: Cloud Forensics: how to extract and decrypt evidence from cloud services, Stuart Hutchinson, Oxygen Forensics
12.20pm-1.10pm: An update on the work of the National Police Chief’s Council Internet, Intelligence and Investigation (III) Working Group and the opportunities available for investigators to develop their IIII skills, Chief Inspector Claire Harvey, Hertfordshire Police, NPCC IIII Capability Manager
1.10pm-2.10pm: Mobile Device Techniques. Identifying IMEI numbers, how to detect call and text spoofing. Building a mobile activity device profile, Richard Hale, Lecturer in Digital Forensics
Booking - numbers are strictly limited
Each day is open to Law Enforcement and Government agencies, to register please email .
Industry delegates can attend at a cost of £125 (GBP) + VAT and payment must be made by credit card. Digital forensics companies are not permitted to attend as delegates.
We will not accept bookings from emails such as Gmail, Yahoo, Outlook, Hotmail, BT etc, WORK EMAIL ADDRESSES ONLY.